More activities to mark 65th anniversary of War Invalids’ and Martyrs’ Day
PANO – The Thai Binh Provincial Museum recently opened an exhibition, “Thai Binh province with gratitude activities”, to mark the 65th anniversary of War Invalids’ and Martyrs’ Day.
On display are 300 typical documents, exhibits, pictures and photos, such as petitions written in blood to voluntarily join army, letters of troops to their relatives, images of heroic martyrs, including series of images of Company 873’s 13 heroine martyrs who died in Nap Mountain in Thanh Hoa province on May 11th, 1967.
Besides, there are also photos of activities to pay tribute to heroic martyrs and to those who had rendered good services to the nation as well as featuring examples, including wounded soldiers and war invalids who took challenges in their stride for better life.
The exhibition will last until late July.
* On July 21st and 22nd, a delegation from the General Staff, led by Major-General Phan Van Giang, Deputy Chief-of-the-General-Staff, offered flowers to commemorate martyrs at Truong Son National Martyrs’ Cemetery, Road 9 National Martyrs’ Cemetery, Quang Tri Ancient Citadel and Dong Loc T-Junction Relic. The delegation also presented VND 40 million to cemetery units to help them repair and improve these places.
* Party Committee and Command of Army Corps 1 recently sent many delegations to visit and offer presents to war invalids, wounded soldiers and Agent Orange (AO) victims in sanatoriums in provinces of Ha Nam, Ninh Binh and Thanh Hoa. These delegations also met and presented gifts to 118 war invalids and martyrs’ children, 522 gifts to social beneficiaries in provinces of Ninh Binh and Quang Tri, provided free health check-ups and medicines to 1,143 people. Besides, Army Corps 1 also sent a delegation of youths to visit and commemorate martyrs at martyrs’ cemeteries of Truong Son, Road 9 and Quang Tri Ancient Citadel.
* On July 22nd, Military Zone 5’s Staff Department held a ceremony to present a house of gratitude to Mrs. Nguyen Thi Ha, martyr Nguyen Hung’s wife in Long Xuyen commune, Nam Phuoc town, Duy Xuyen district, Quang Nam province, and 120 gifts, worth VND 40 million, to social beneficiaries in A Vuong commune, Tay Giang district, Quang Nam and Vinh An commune, Tay Son district, Binh Dinh province.
|Photo for illustration
* Also on July 22nd, the Hoa Binh Provincial People’s Committee and liaison board of Regiment 52 (known as Tay Tien Regiment) held a ceremony to commemorate martyrs of Tay Tien Regiment in Thuong Coc commune, Lac Son district, Hoa Binh province. General Vo Nguyen Giap sent a wreath to commemorate these martyrs. Also on the occasion, the Hoa Binh Provincial People’s Committee presented Certificate of Historical Relic to the historical area where the medical station of Tay Tien Regiment was stationed and more than 200 troops of the Regiment died. Previously, the Hoa Binh Provincial Museum held a ceremony to unveil a showroom, “Resounding sound from Tay Tien Regiment’s troops”, and to receive souvenirs from veterans and families of martyrs of Tay Tien Regiment.
* Hospital of Army Corps 4, in association with the Vietnam Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (AgriBank)’s branch in Di An Town in Binh Duong province, on July 22nd, provided free health check-ups, medicines and health consultancy, as well as offered gifts to more than 400 social beneficiaries and needy people in communes of Tan Binh and Tan Dong Hiep in Di An Town, Binh Duong province. Also on the occasion, the Hospital gave free health check-ups and medicines to social beneficiaries and to those who had rendered good services to the nation in provinces of Tien Giang and Ben Tre and presented house of compassion to needy people in Suoi Nho commune, Dinh Quan district, Dong Nai province.
* Brigade 134, on July 22nd, handed over 15 gifts, worth VND 500,000 each, to martyrs’ relatives and needy people who had rendered good services to the nation in Hoa Son commune, Luong Son district, Hoa Binh province. Previously, leaders of the Brigade and troops laid a wreath at the Martyrs’ Cemetery in Luong Son district.
* On July 21st, a delegation from the Party Committee, People’s Council, People’s Committee and Fatherland Front Committee of Hanoi, led by Mr. Nguyen The Thao, Chairman of the Hanoi People’s Committee, held ceremonies to commemorate martyrs at martyrs’ cemeteries of Road 9, Truong Son and Ancient Citadel.
* On July 22nd, the Ha Tinh Provincial People’s Committee held a ceremony to unveil a Monument of heroic martyrs of transport, who died in the Vietnam War for national independence in Ha Tinh province. The structure, at a cost of VND 14 billion, is located on an area of 3000 sq.m in northeast Dong Loc T-Junction in Dong Loc commune, Can Loc district, Ha Tinh province.
* To mark the 65th anniversary of war invalids’ and martyrs’ day, Hung Yen province presented 38,000 gifts to martyrs’ families, war invalids, wounded soldiers and AO victims and people who had rendered good services to the nation. Also, the province and Hai Duong province spent VND 4.5 billion to repair and improve martyrs’ cemeteries of Road 9 and Truong Son.
* On July 20th and 21st, Hospital 109, under Military Region 2, provided free health check-ups and medicines to 600 social beneficiaries and presented 10 gifts to social beneficiaries in communes of Thanh Tru and Yen Kien. The hospital handed over medical equipment to an infirmary in Yen Kien commune.
Translated by Tran Hoai