The 65th anniversary of war invalids and martyrs’ Day observed
PANO – All provinces and cities of Vietnam have recently organized various activities to show gratitude to those who had rendered good services to the nation to mark the 65th anniversary of war invalids and martyrs.
* By July 17th, Quang Tri province has built 105 houses of gratitude for beneficiaries, worth from VND 50 to VND 60 million each. Among the outstanding units are the Arm Corps 1, which has built 10 houses at total cost of VND 600 million, the provincial Gratitude Fund with the construction of 40 houses and repair of 50 others while Defense Ministry has built 13 houses.
* The Military Command of Dong Nai province on July 16th held a story telling contest, “Heroic examples in Ho chi Minh Period”, and an exchange with Hero of the people’s armed forces, Major Colonel Nguyen Van Thuong, who had sufferred barbarous torture of enemy in wartime. Interesting stories about the life and years against foreign invaders of the Major Colonel helped educate youths of the national heroic tradition and raise responsibility of youths for the cause of national construction and defense.
|Photo for illustration. PANO
* Military Command of Lao Cai province on July 16th held a solemn ceremony to receive sets of remains of Vietnamese volunteer solders and experts died in Laos found by Military Command of Nghe An province. Among them was the remains of martyr Hoang Ngoc Than in Ngoc Thuong commune, Bao Yen district and Luc Van Ai in Dien Quang commune, Bao Yen district, died on November 16th, 1972 in the western battlefield of Laos.
* On July 17th, Management Board of Gratitude Fund of Quang Ninh province launched activity to raise more money for the Fund in 2012. At the launch ceremony, the board raised more than VND 538 million. The amount of money will be used to repair and consolidate graves of martyrs in Quang Ninh province buried at Truong Son martyrs’ cemetery, build and repair houses for war invalids and martyrs’ families as well as to support children of war invalids and martyrs’ families. In 2011, the Fund received more than VND 13.5 billion from benefactors.
* 30 doctors and nurses of Hospital 110, under Military Region 1 and the Social Insurance of Defense Ministry have provided free health check-ups, medicines and health consulting to 310 social beneficiaries in Thi Cau ward, Bac Ninh City in Bac Ninh province. On the occasion, leaders of the Social Insurance of Defense Ministry, Hospital 110 and People’s Committees of Bac Ninh City and Thi Cau ward visited and presented gifts to Mr. Chu Cao Vinh, war invalid and Mr. Dao Trong Chat, war invalid.
* From July 13th to 17, Hospital 5, under Military Region 3 in association with People’s Committee of Lung Van commune in Tan Lac district, Khanh Hoa province provided free health check-ups and health consulting to 950 people, gave free medicines to 493 people. Also on the occasion, the Hospital representatives visited and presented gifts to five households in the locality.
* Air Defense – Air forces Academy recently offered free health check-ups and medicines to 120 people, including members of martyrs’ and war invalids’ families, sick soldiers and AO victims in Trung Son Tram ward, Son Tay town, Hanoi. This is annual activity of the Academy to promote the tradition, “When drinking water remember who dug the well” of Vietnamese people.
* On July 17th, Overseas Vietnamese youths from 25 countries and territories taking part in Summer Camp 2012 paid tribute to martyrs and ten heroic girls at Dong Loc T-Junction historical relic.
* Also on July 17th, Propaganda and Training Department and Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs Department of Ha Giang province and the Newspaper of Vietnam Communist Party and Military Bank presented 24 saving books to beneficiaries and those who had rendered good services to the nation in Ha Giang province.
* A delegation of staff from Company 75 and 732, under Arm Corps 15 are taking part in program to visit and present 633 gifts to families of war invalids, martyrs, beneficiaries and those who had rendered good services to the nation in Duc Co district and La Grai district of Gia Lai province and Ngoc Hoi district of Kon Tum province from July 17th to 20th.
* The Command of Division 9, under Army Corps 4 handed over a house of gratitude to Senior Lieutenant Ly Van Trung, relative of martyr Thai Thi Cam Xuyen in Xuan Tam commune, Xuan Loc district, Dong Nai province.
Translated by Tran Hoai